Weblogs, or blogs, are one of the most popular online writing tools today. The ability to network with other writers is one of the reasons why people choose to blog. For students, it can give them a way to publish their work for a real audience, which helps them be more engaged in their assignments.
Today, we will practice blog writing while we also get to know one another via the blogs.
Here are the things I would like you to do:
1. Create your own blog. (I will guide you through this process.)
2. Leave a comment on my blog so that I will know the URL for you blog.
3. Write four sentences about yourself. Three of them should be true, and the other should be false. The class will try to guess which one is false.
*Assignment before next class: Take a photo of something that you truly like about your school. Upload the photo into a new blog post. Write about why you chose this particular thing.
Angie's Four Sentences
1. I have never had a speeding ticket.
2. I speak fluent Italian.
3. I once fed a baby bear with a bottle.
4. I once accidentally poured white out in my own eye.